Kimberly R. Oostman is pursuing her Ph.D. in Communication within the Culture and Mass Communication concentration. Her research interests and publications include organizational crisis communication and apologia statements, social media and regret, and representations of women in media. Ms. Oostman also teaches various communication classes at UNM and Business Communication for an online MBA program. She currently volunteers for TEDxABQ with their social media team and enjoys advising students preparing for various speaking engagements.
Previous to joining UNM, Ms. Oostman obtained her B.S. in Accountancy from Valparaiso University. Working in both public and private accounting capacities, she practiced as a CPA for BDO in Chicago, and was a senior internal auditor for United Biscuits, the parent company of Keebler, among other experiences. She completed her M.A. in Communication from the University of New Mexico.
- Public Speaking
- Business Communication
- Team Professional Communication
- Strategic Social Media
- Crisis Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Corporate Crisis Communication
- Luego de la tormenta ¿llega la calma?: Estrategias de comunicación post-crisis y la sustentabilidad de reputación empresarial. The calm after the storm? Post-crisis communication strategies and the sustainability of business reputation. (in press – 2019)
- Corporate Apologia Statements
- Social Media Use
- Women in Media
- Interdisciplinary social science- and computer science-driven projects
- Understanding Social Factors Affecting the Cryptocurrency Market (for the International Conference for Internet Technology and Secured Transactions at the University of Cambridge, December, 2018).